Air coolers play an important role in sweltering summer. Many people make a simple cooler with plastic bottle. But it doesn’t take effect in cooling since it can’t produce powerful air. Here is a DIY course to make practical air cooler. It can replace the small room cooler buying from shops. Let’s begin now.
Step 1: Necessary Parts and Tools for Homemade Air Cooler
- Fan blade
- Water pump
- DC motor
- Six pieces polyfoam board ( 2 in size of 27*19 cm, 2 in 23*21 cm and 2 in 27*23)
- Several sticks and dry grass
- Plastic pipes
- One Knife
- One scissors
- Some glue
Step 2: Install Air Cooler Shell with Polyfoam board
- Hollow one piece polyfoam board in 27*19 cm into a ring.
- Hollow the other board in 27*19 cm into square shape.
- Hollow two pieces of polyfoam board in 27*23 cm into rings.
- Assemble them into a foam shell by glue.
- Place the foam stand in the shell for supporting DC motor.
Step 3: Assemble the Fan Blade and DC Motor
Step 4: Put the Fan and Motor on the Foam Stand in the Air Cooler Shell
Step 5: Make Cooling Pad with Sticks and Dry Grass. Three Pieces Are Needed.
Step 6: Assemble the Shower and Fix the Cooling Pad
- Make holes on the marking pens.
- Connect the marking pens with pipes.
- Connect the three pipes with the water pump.
- Install the cooling pads.
- Fix the three pens on the top of cooling pads.
- Place the water pump at the bottom.
Step 7: Add Water in the Air Cooler, Turn on the Power and It Works.
Now you know how to make a simple air cooler. It's an interesting DIY. Below video shows you specific steps. It is surely useful when you are in hot summer. However, I recommend you to buy a small room air cooler if you badly need cooling environment. It performs much better than this DIY air cooler.